Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve in Washington

I'm back to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I just always get so happy for all the great things in my life this time of year I suppose. I think it's the familiarity of the traditions and the people that are around this time of year. Besides all the perks of being home and around the people I know, there are the events that bring people I love.

One of these traditions is the annual (or something like that) picture of Erin beating me up haha
2005 (?)
2006
2010
There are of course last minute shopping trips and planned lunches to catch up with friends but, I love the parties that go along with the season. Christmas Eve is a day full of festivities! We spend all day preparing for that evening, we first swing by the Annual Christmas Open House at the Hepfingers which is always fun to see everyone we know from the ward and and to spend time with the Heppys of course. Then we pick up our food from Rio Grande (my favorite) for our Christmas Party! Our group changes from year to year but it is always a blast! We have pizza, mexican food, and soups which is a total mix of foods but that's what makes it fun. Eating is followed by games and singing. 

You can't forget the Christmas Pageant where Mary is usually played by Erin and a different couple provides the baby Jesus every year followed by us all singing "Silent Night".
Nativity 2010
 Santa has also been known to make an appearance! 
Dan as Santa w/ Mishay and I, 2009
It's really great to spend the time with our "Virginia Family" as I like to refer to our group as. There are some that are missed as they've moved away, the kiddos have grown up for the most part and we have sent off missionaries, but we still have a great time together! 

Some of "the kids" 2006
Some of "the kids" 2010

The clean up crew arrives after everyone leaves (that's our dog Nikki) and we put our house back to it's normal, beautiful, Christmas state and settle in with just the four of us. We open our pajamas we got each other, evaluate the success of the party and head off to bed for Santa to spoil us in the morning. 

Merry, Merry Christmas yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment