Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So Long, Farewell

Well, the bittersweet day has arrived:
Fall Semester 2010 has come to an end. 
No more Provo
No more BYU
No more 218th Ward
No more late night treat runs
No more random kitchen dancing
No more spontaneous 75 cent movies
No more Sammys
No more threats to sleep outside
No more family dinners
No more 304 family :(

This semester has been, by far, my best at BYU thus far. It is really sad to see it coming to an end. And I think the saddest part about it is that the girls of 304 are splitting up. We all have our adventures ahead of us but it's sad to be apart. We really have become a family and have created so many memories it'll be sad to not be together.
Our friend Craig tells us we're like a family so we really took that seriously. We assigned ourselves various roles based on our personalities and the duties we take upon ourselves haha.

Julie: our mama based on the delight she experiences in making us dinners and generally just taking care of us and telling us what to do from time to time, and just loves us all so much.
Quincy: initially dad but upon further consideration we decided that it would be more appropriate for her to be our grandmother (Julie's mother), based on her "I Love Old People" shirt and the fact that she enjoys nothing more than going to bed at unmentionably early hours.
Katie: while she resents her role the most, it is incredibly acurate. She is our rebellious teenager due to her late nights, lack of communication with her family and most especially because of the phrase she so often uses: "I do what I want!" What are we going to do with her?
Me: the beloved child in the family. I'm pretty sure this is because everyone just loves me so much, I can't think of any other reasons :) Okay okay, it might be because I like to tease everyone and pull little pranks on them. My favorite being standing outside the bathroom and scaring Julie when she comes out. It really is because I'm the favorite though.
We've also adopted a new father and grandfather into the picture, our neighbors Jerry and Derrek from across the street that so kindly brought us chocolate milk and gummy worms to help us through the stress of finals. How we'll miss them. A favorite memory with those wonderful boys is when we really had a need for hot chocolate so they allowed us to come over to share theirs and they had a "fireplace" all ready and waiting.

Another sad thing about leaving Provo is leaving my cousin Megan (aka Megalou). She is mission bound (Uruguay for those wondering!) and so I won't see her for quite sometime. I'll miss all the family of course but she is the one I won't see for the longest. Love you girl.

Okay, I'll stop being all sappy and reminiscent and say that I love my best friends of 304 and have appreciated Provo more than ever before this semester. I'll be back. Don't you worry.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sad for you guys....
    i want to come visit, but it just wont be the same!
    have Fun in Europe. so jealous.

    ReplyDelete