Sunday, May 8, 2011

Remember When...

The following are some of the most significant aspects of London Study Abroad:

Food: Upon my return to the states, several people have addressed the fact that I certainly did eat my way through Europe. There's no denying it. I have a newfound love for candy, good chocolate, crepes and all sorts of tarts.


Shows: In the first month or two, we went to every show we had any desire to see (and then some). We would rush out after dinner to catch a show. Thank goodness for those student discounts where we payed a fourth of the price and got fabulous seats every time.


Tube: The Underground is now probably one of my favorite modes of transportation and beats out any other metro system as far as I can tell. It takes you everywhere, always entertains, and is oh so convenient.
Parks: A lot of our time was spent wandering around through parks. Mostly Hyde Park of course because that's the favorite. But when the weather was nice, we could be found paddle boating, biking, walking around, sitting on benches or even reading. They were always so peacefully happy and once it warmed up, full of flowers!

Birds: An odd subject I admit. But there are just birds everywhere and we were always entertained by them, sometimes even fed them. Once Julie threw the remainder of her sandwich at a bird and it followed me around for awhile. They have no fears.

Museums, Tours, Cathedrals, Castles, and all things historical: This was kind of the purpose of study abroad. You know, to learn. Some were certainly more interesting than others (church history tours being the worst, I think we can all agree on that one).

Traveling: Whether we were going to York via bus, Scotland via train, Ireland via place or even France/Belgium via bus on a ferry, a lot of our time was spent moving from place to place. I became a PRO at packing a bag for a few days, entertaining myself with mindless things for hours and eating bags of candy on the go. A lot of that time was certainly spent sleeping. I was notorious for sleeping pretty much every time I sat down.


Matching Outfits: Generally it's Julie and I, but considering we all brought very basic looking clothing, we had a tendency to match. Shoes, Northface, color scheme, etc. There were many moments where we would up-down each other and say, "Really!?". The perks of study abroad.

There are still a lot of different things I could address but there are too many. Shopping, cuddling, chatting, gossiping, laughing, pranking, teasing, etc etc. 
Farewell to the most fabulous months of my life.

By seeing London, I have seen as much of life as the world can show me.
Samuel Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment