Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dear Future Self...

Please remember to do what Carly, from College Prep, blogged about today.

When she graduated high school her mom presented her with a stack of letters from people that knew her really well. Her list of people included former babysitters, teachers, coaches, friends, family friends, friends parents, and all other relationships she had formed in her life. What an amazing idea! While getting notes from others on special occasions is always appreciated, I think we all can agree that sometimes we write them in the car on the way to the party, sign our names on a group gift, or right a quite "congrats" and sign our name. Yes, it's the thought that counts. I'm not discounting the effort it takes to think of someone and to do something for them BUT this was such a great idea to ask people to write thoughtful, personalized and special notes for someone that you love.

I have to say though, I'm one lucky girl because I have a mom who loves to write and is quite spectacular at it. This is a well known fact here at our house and really to anyone that knows her but as of now she's sharing it with everyone. My friends were always jealous when at Girls Camp I would get incredibly thoughtful letters that included journal entries she'd written from my childhood and I always would try to hide my smile (or tears) as I read them. Even still I will find a note in my room or an e-mail in my inbox where she is so eloquently showing how much she loves me.

Now I have to sayyyyyy: here's her blog address: http://lauriesnowturner.com. You won't be disappointed. If you love good writing (or my mom) as much as I do, you'll love reading what she has to say. Stay tuned and subscribe because I feel like this summer will be a creative period for her.

Also future self, please remember to make your kids dress this cute:


No comments:

Post a Comment