Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Familiarity

Today I went to make a deposit at the bank and decided to do the drive-thru rather than to go inside and as the man at the bank asked me questions about my account and my deposit I graciously answered and had a pleasant encounter with the man behind the microphone. Then as he sent back my check card and my receipt he said, "So I guess you aren't babysitting anymore, where are you working now?" I again graciously answered and was on my way.

Creepy? Maybe.

While I held that babysitting job 2 summers ago, every summer I make my deposits at the same bank, around the same time after payday so yes, I have become familiar with the guy working at the bank. I think we went to high school together or something (I can't be sure how this friendship began).

In addition to having my friend at the bank, in high school I would frequent the local smoothie place and the manager, Eduardo, would always greet me with a loud, "Sara!" as I walked in the door. Needless to say I never had to tell him my name to go along with my order. I also have become somewhat of a regular at a bagel place where the guy may not know my name but certainly remembers me and my order!

There's something nice about having your "hot spots" around town. But I think my favorite part is that even though I'm constantly coming and going and seem to just stop through Herndon on my way somewhere else, these people continue to remember me and I always leave with a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. so funny. maybe one day i'll come out and visit. i'd really love to do that.

    ReplyDelete