Friday, June 24, 2011

Things I Know For Sure


I know that I fall in love with Virginia over and over again every time I'm here. Especially when it's super green and when it's a beautiful 60 degrees on a Friday evening.

I know that I miss my family when they're out of town.

I know that I miss London so much it hurts sometimes. And while I love to talk about it, a part of me hates talking about it because no one truly understands how incredible it was.

I know that I miss all my friends that spread all over the planet at this moment in time whether it be missions, study abroad programs, living abroad or even if they're just in Provo and I'm not.

I know that I forgot how stressful my job can be but also how much fun it is to talk about gimp, Justin Bieber and dodgeball in serious conversations on a daily basis.

I know that I love my dog. Yes, I'm one of those people. There's just something great about coming home and having someone be so excited they can hardly contain it every time. Plus, every time he licks my toe it's like he's saying, "I'm glad you're here".

I know that I have a rediscovered love for reading and feel really successful when I've finished a book. Although, sometimes I get caught up in researching what books to read and run out of time to actually read them.

I know that I've eaten out so much lately that I've likely gained 5 lbs.

I know that because I've been eating out so often I should probably start to work out more regularly, especially if I'm committing to doing a 10k in the fall...

I know that few things can make me happier then driving around listening to Adele at full blast as I shamelessly sing along.

I know that I have a newfound enjoyment of baking. The only problem is I have no one besides myself to eat the treats I create.

I know that since being home from London I have fallen back in love with a lot of my clothes I did without but, I still love the London-style leggings and t-shirts.

I know that I have an obsession with Pinterest and blog-stalking.

I know that I should take more pictures because without them, I feel like I haven't accomplished too much. Especially coming from 4 months of taking hundreds of pictures a day.

I know that reminiscing with friends about high school (even though it feels like 100 years ago) is always good for laughs and moments of embarrassment when you realize how truly weird everyone is in high school.

Most importantly, I know I'm happy just the way things are and that when it's hot outside, like it is now, it pains me to think of the day that I'll walk outside to see snow covering my car.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! all so accurate. see you soon this week :)

    ReplyDelete