Saturday, July 16, 2011

the end of an era

It seems that everyone is coming out and admitting their true love for Harry Potter these days and I fully admit that I am a Potter fan.


I've Read the Books
I read them all and would buy them immediately once they were released. A memorable book release was the 7th (and final) book, it came out right when our family was going to the beach. As we were stuck in beach traffic a car near us had a sign in the window that said, "Ron Dies!" We were appalled (considering none of us had read it yet) and when the chance came we asked them if it was true through car windows. They said, "we don't know, we just wanted to see everyones reaction."

I've Seen the Movies
It seems like the first one didn't come out too long ago but it's been like 10 years! Again, the movies always seemed to come out around the time we would be at the beach so I've seen a lot of Harry Potter in the dinky 2 screen theater in Avon, North Carolina. For the Deathly Hallows Part I however, while at BYU, we went to the midnight premiere and while some of us were dressed up, I think we greatly enjoyed everyone else's outfits. We had a great time sitting in that theater for at least an hour before it started.

I've Been There
I've been rather obnoxious during recent screenings of the movies because I often blurt out, "I've been there!" When living in London, inevitably you end up being everywhere Harry has been. It's awesome. Not to mention when we spotted and stalked Ginny Weasley in our neighborhood in London.

So I have to be honest, I'm sad to see it end. Harry and his friends have grown up as I have. They've learned their lessons while I've learned mine. I know that's cheesy but it's true. JK Rowling, you're awesome. And I'm really glad that you went to the Elephant Cafe that day in Edinburgh and wrote on that napkin.


Harry Potter in One Word:
Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment