Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

While Vegas may be a little creepy and hot [okay extremely hot], we still had a fabulous little vacation from my vacation.

Who: Maddy, Collin, Julie, Geoff, Annie, me
What: Roadtrip to Las Vegas, Nevada
When: July 22-24
Where: stops included Beaver, St. George and Vegas
Why: the Celine Dion concert and a good time
How: Geoff as a chauffeur and all others as delightful passengers

So with a 1.9 lb bag of Sour Patch Kids, a duffle bag each, and iPods to rotate through we set off on our mini adventure just like we had so many times before- except state side.

We drove and drove and drove with the boys hogging the speakers the majority of the time with their music, the girls taking cat naps, attempted car games and lots of London stories (sorry Annie) we took a one night stop in St. George and then arrived in Vegas.

Among lots of sweating and walking through crowds, we had fun.
Also, when at Chipotle- I found an unfortunate piece of chicken in my burrito bowl. It was raw. So Julie being the "foodie" that she is, demanded that we say something to the employees. Naturally, we made her do it and she did. She got our money back and we were pretty happy about it. 
Even if we don't gamble, we felt like winners.

The real winning event however was Celine Dion.
I couldn't have been more excited about going to see her. 
I made music videos of It's All Coming Back To Me Now
I cried during My Heart Will Go On
I identified with Taking Chances
I  loved singing along to A New Day Has Come
Basically- I'm obsessed with her.
 Seeing her in concert completed my life. 
I cried for the first 15 minutes and couldn't have been happier about it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been listening to Celine, way too loud. She's just...the best. Also, this weekend? WONDERFUL. I'm glad you made it back to VA safely!

    ReplyDelete