Thursday, September 29, 2011

defending my silver lining


Lately I think I have been subconsciously (...or not so subconsciously) been evaluating my friendships. There aren't any secret spreadsheets with scores or a hit list or anything. But due to the fact that I've needed a little extra support as of late, there has been some extra thought on my part into what true friendship really is to me.

Thankfully, everyone has passed with flying colors. I am so impressed with the people in my life and how much they are willing to do for me. There have been late night conversations, mutual confessions, complete lack of judgement, random texts to check in, tearful understandings, a look of comfort, grins because of a shared secret, proud moments, conversations over food, hugs that mean something a little more, fits of laughter and meaningful reunions.

I very strongly hold to the belief that good friends are really just an extension of your family. They're different from your biological family in the sense that more often then not they hear the crazy confessions you have, give you your daily affirmations, and participate in conversations you wouldn't dare have with your parents quite yet.
Annie's suggested "family" on facebook
I'm being a little sentimental but, it's just one of those times when you realize how special things really are in your life. So I'm using this forum to thank my friends from the bottom of my heart. For their love, their support and their understanding.

And to those not pictured, I still love you, it just implies we need to take more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. i made a picture! :)
    you're great Sara. our friendship is only at the beginning. no worries!

    ReplyDelete