Sunday, October 30, 2011

happy news...

I've started to compose this post many times, and have been thinking about it for even longer. 
There's no beating around the bush though.
It is what it is.

I have some happy news to share!
This week I'm (hopefully) submitting my papers. 
Mission papers that is. 
Shocked?
Probably. 
Me too.
But here we go!


I have felt so anxious for the past month and have been so secretive!
My own parents were even out of the loop in the beginning.
But now they're about to burst because they want to spread the news. 
It's out! 
I, Sara Turner, am serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Who woulda thought?

I've known for a month or two but have been seriously shushed about it all.
While the news has started to spread, I thought I should make a formal blog announcement.
So there you go folks.
It's happening.
I'm thrilled, anxious, nervous, excited, calm, sure, optimistic and happy.

7 comments:

  1. Happy tears, streaming down my face! ..figuratively. I love you, I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAD NO CLUE! So excited for you! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara!! I'm so excited for you! you are going to be a great missionary! Pretty soon I think I might have to hop on the bandwagon as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post.

    Love you.

    So excited and happy that your secret is out!

    Going to miss you an indescribable amount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What exciting news - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SARA!!!! This is so exciting!! We need to catch up over Thanksgiving break pleasee

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to read your emails each week!!!!! I am so happy for you little one!! :)

    ReplyDelete