Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Storm

There was a crazy wind storm last week. I was babysitting and was instructed to turn the news on to keep up on the status of it. I called my parents to make sure I wasn't crazy because I wasn't hearing anything going on outside. They agreed that nothing was happening.

Then about 20 minutes later the wind kicked up in full swing. So because of the violent winds I shuttled all 4 kids to the basement in case of falling trees. Despite some initial freaking out, the kiddos calmed down and we hunkered down with flashlights and a laptop to watch iCarly. The power then went out and I eventually went home once their parents came home.

Our power was out at home where Annie informed me that I couldn't use any of the toilets because she used them all and we didn't have water. After a few minutes I realized that was ridiculous and of course we had running water, just no electricity.

I worked the next morning and was praying the power was out so I wouldn't have to- no such luck. But I did get the chance to charge my phone! Then to avoid our hot house we went to dinner and a movie. The coolest place in our house was the basement so we tried to enjoy any ounce of cool air we could.

By Sunday it was unbearable. So we booked a hotel and played Scattegories and had Shaunessy come over so that we could enjoy some electricity.

After 2 days of no power, thankfully the electricity clicked back on during our night away so we are loving air conditioning around the clock in this horrible Virginia heat and humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment