Sunday, August 5, 2012

silly things


So, my dad is often the driving force of this blog by instructing me to write thoughtful posts. Apparently pictures bore him. Soooooo sorry! (envision me sarcastically rolling my eyes dad)

But if I'm being honest, I'm not sure I have anything all that thoughtful to say. I'm in the process of figuring it all out and because I haven't quite gotten there, I have no big things to share. In the process of figuring it all out I keep myself busy with silly things like reading books by the pool; playing laser tag on a Tuesday; helping teach an occasional gymnastics class; bringing treats to work on my days off; running away to Boston for a weekend; catching up with old friends, new friends and friends I may not have recognized as much; going to rodeos; running on a treadmill; having tea parties (yes more than one); seeing The Addams Family Musical; eating way too much chick-fil-a; obsessing over olympic gymnastics; painting my nails; and Downton Abbey marathons. Plus as a nice bonus, it never hurts to have darling children say, "Miss Sara, you look really pretty today."

While in the midst of these silly things, I have a lot of hard moments. Some I'm excellent at keeping hidden and others I clearly can't keep contained. So thank goodness for the silly things that are holding me together because without them... well, let's not think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment