Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wearapy

So a few times this week I've had passing thoughts about random things only to be surprised when someone brings it up later. It's quite creepy. The other day I was thinking how I need to go shopping for a particular item when not seconds later Annie texted me saying she needed to do the same thing! It was eerie I tell you. 

It happened again today.
I was on my way home from the gym and was thinking about some of the changes I've made in my life lately. To share a few: I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, I actually try/eat new/healthier foods, I get up early, I'm making great efforts to fill my time with uplifting things, etc etc. But the thing that has struck me the most is my increased effort to look put together. 

Now I've always been a "girly girl" as my family would say, but I am no stranger to the ponytail, t-shirt and vans look. Recently, however, I have made great efforts to do my hair everyday, put a little lipstick on and have a cute outfit. 

Okay so why does this matter? I stumbled on this blog post and it nailed it! Exactly what I was thinking! I've been a little low over the past few months. People have commented that it is a discernible difference from my optimistic self and they've worried. I'll be honest, I've been a little worried. I won't get into the details of it all but it's okay to say that life just sucks sometimes. I have a great roommate who has allowed me to accept that. It sucks, that's just how it is. But you just keep moving forward (as another great friend told me). 

So if working out, eating better, and dressing better makes it suck a little less? I'll take it. I'll curl my hair, do my makeup, put on a skirt and wear some heels because while life may suck sometimes, I don't need to look like it does. 

By drink, I mean Diet Coke- obviously.

3 comments:

  1. Great post.. I found it from your comment on 'Running on Happiness'. Her post really resonated with the way I'm feeling lately too and it really, really does help to just put yourself together and make it look like you feel ok when you don't at all. It at least helps to make you feel sane and have a sense of normalcy. Glad to hear it helps you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and your good attitude. I also love the new look of your blog. It's very Sara -- classy, strong and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a rough few months, and doing that kind of stuff makes me feel better too! :-)

    ReplyDelete