Sunday, October 14, 2012

when parents come to town

My parents were here last week and we ran ourselves ragged doing lots of fun thing.


Teresa's Wedding:
My beautiful cousin Teresa came to Virginia to live with us when I was five and she has been a part of our family ever since with countless beach house memories, DC trips and shopping excursions. We adore her and couldn't be happier for her and Mark.



Shopping and Dinner:
Katherine and I trekked up to Salt Lake to do a little shopping and met up with my parents for dinner. We started out at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and decided that Hires sounded much better than anything they were offering us. So after drinks and an appetizer, we headed to Hires for burgers.



BYU Game:
Annie got us all tickets to the BYU v Utah State game. It was way fun and we were constantly scolding Mom for cheering for the wrong team. I think I'm officially a sports nut. I don't know how to handle it.



Jr Jazz:
Speaking of being a sports nut, Annie is coaching a little 6 yr old basketball team. I may have cried during the game. Don't ask me why, there's no controlling it.
Snow Girls Night Out:
We love our occasional girls nights out and this time was no different. We went to Tai Pan (where I got a great new purse for $12), then to see all the witches and finally to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. I admit my hunger and the fact that we had the most ridiculous wait ever made for a grumpy Sara. We had fun nonetheless.


General Conference:
The best part of the weekend by far was being able to listen to general conference, and even attend two sessions. More tears in this department of course and so grateful for the messages that were shared.



Until next time parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment